Here is my ever growing list of things I do to look after and pamper myself.
- Prayer of thanks for all that I have.
- Shower/bathe myself.
- Attend to oral and facial hygiene.
- Send M to kindergarten except on weekends :).
- Hair wash and blow dry at my local salon.
- Manicure without varnish.
- Personal Yoga training session.
- Life and Breathing session via Skype with Gaia.
- Yoga session in the Park.
- Date night with Mr B.
- Pedicure without varnish.
- Thai massage/aromatherapy massage.
- Psychotherapy session.
- Cinema night with friends or Mr B.
- Bowen therapy session.
- Facial at Villa Kennedy Spa.
- Four hour brunch at either a nice Japanese, French or Italian restaurant with a few hilarious and uplifting friends.
- Book club meeting with brunching friends (obv on a separate occasion) where we discuss either very serious, intellectual books or just entertaining drivel or just talk nonsense until the restaurant asks us to leave.
- Three night stay at Das Kranzbach, located near Garmish Parten Kirchen. This is definitely a sanity saver.
- A visit to the dermatologist to make sure my skin is in top condition.
- Weekend trips to London with M. Food, friends and Selfridges. Need I say more?
- An exotic family holiday entailing sun, surf, good food and being embarrassingly lazy rolled into a week.
- Trip to Oz to see family and friends. We don’t travel economy.
- Another family holiday, but destinations are always a bit quirkier. Sun is not an essential, but proper doses entertainment and good food is a given. Think Bhutan, Helsinki and Faroe Islands.
- Pre-Christmas shopping in New York. Economy travel is out of the question.
With so many errands to run and so little time, isn’t it then a
tragedy relief that the list above (minus my daily rituals!) is just a fantasy? And isn’t it funny that most of the rituals don’t actually involve acquiring material goods. Yeah, yeah they still involve spending a bit of moolah, but it costs nothing to daydream!