I have to get into the attitude of gratitude again. To be truthful, in between moments of rapturous joy with Amazing M, I’ve been moping around. I’ve been using the internet to fill my virtual shopping baskets* with the hope that it may somehow lessen the impact of rejection, homesickness, missingmyaussiefriendssickness, and general stay-at-home-mother boredom. Eurgh! Enough is enough is enough.
Feeling sorry for yourself is allowed for a little bit, but when it goes on for more than a few days (depending on circumstance) you just have get out of the funk. It’s not good for your soul, body, partner, kids, friends and your Life. It’s just not attractive and in my experience you attract more shiz in your Life’s mailbox.
So here is a list of just a few things that I am grateful for:
– Being able to stay at home without the financial pressure of going back to work.
– Having the most amazing toddler. Ever. Ever. Ever.
– My health. I can see, talk, taste, hear, feel and think.
– Having a warm place to live that also happens to have an amazing view of the river.
– Having a husband who loves me to the moon and back. Mr B, you are my favourite man in the world.
– Being related to deliciousgrandfather, deliciousgrandmother and delicioussister. They are truly awesome. I love you guys more than I love green tea ice-cream.
– Being loved by my in-laws. They love me and treat me like their daughter. But without so much of the nagging and criticism that comes with blood relatives. My MIL does all my laundry including my knickers. If that’s not cool, I don’t know what is.
– My shamazing old friends in Oz, Munich, Oxford and York. I am not referring to your age here. I am just differentiating you guys with the friends I have made since moving to London. My London friends are great, don’t get me wrong. But my old friends are my best friends. I love you guys!
Wow. This is kinda working. I am feeling a little better. I need to make this a daily habit!
What are you grateful for today?
*these shopping baskets (full of useless paraphernalia like jute storage baskets that might look pretty in my bathroom) have been left unpaid – I am still sticking to my 100 day spending ban.